Saturday, February 8, 2014

Ballymeade Boot Toppers - New Knitting Pattern

 


Did I mention I have a new pattern out? It's true! I'd committed to let a local yarn shop have exclusive first dibs on the pattern for their accessory knitting club for the month of December, but the Ballymeade Boot Toppers finally made their official, public debut in January.

I toyed with adding a few other twists or cables, but decided to keep the design simple and easy for newer cable knitters.


I love how boot toppers provide a stylish look without the discomfort of sweaty feet, or a snug fit, from wearing full-foot socks inside dressy boots. And the fact that they knit up quickly (from just one skein of Cascade 220) makes me happy too.

Being an eclectic kind of girl, I had a really hard time deciding which photos to use, but finally opted to use photos of both the casual and dressy styling (it might be that little touch of Libra in me, haha). 
 

I am so happy to finally be able to share Ballymeade here. Bringing this pattern to publication, along with everything else in my life, has been a real challenge for reasons I won't get into in this post, but will share soon. And many, many thanks to the awesome Josefina, Laurie, Connie and Julia for offering to test knit these for me.

I hope everyone is staying warm and safe during the extremely cold temperatures occurring throughout the US and other corners of the world. Thanks for stopping by my studio today, happy stitching! 




No comments:

Post a Comment