Thursday, November 12, 2015

Goodbye Autumn Colors


Our autumn has been spectacular this year, with warm temperatures, dry air and plentiful sunshine.

The great weather has certainly extended our growing season; I can't believe how much is still thriving in my garden here in zone 6. Just yesterday I harvested arugula, carrots, chives and baby lettuce, with cabbages also going strong. 



It seems the good weather might be nothing but a memory now though after a rain and windstorm blew through this week, washing nearly all of the remaining color from the trees. 





It was lovely while it lasted though. 



Pattern-related knitting projects are in the works but lately I've been concentrating on top secret Christmas gift knitting. I don't always knit holiday gifts, but this year I had a couple of special ideas to work on. Maybe I'll share photos of those after the gifts have been given. 


Thanks for stopping by today, enjoy the rest of your autumn wherever you are! 

...peering from some high window; 
at the gold of November sunset
(and feeling: that if day has to become night
this is a beautiful way)

-- e.e. cummings





No comments:

Post a Comment